Saturday, December 22, 2012

gearing up

It looks like it's going to be a white Christmas this year.  I can't tell you how thrilled I am.

We went sledding last weekend.  It's one of those things that takes a hell of a lot of preparation but I'll tell you the trick.  See, every year we have to go through the glove/scarf bin for things to keep us warm up there.  And this year, as if a light bulb went off, I realized that we just really needed ski gloves for the kids.  I've just given them super warm mittens.  Usually, we've had to change them after they get wet. And for myself, I've always gone up there in my jeans with long underwear.  It's crazy.  So, we went and made sure we all have ski gloves.  Now, I have to go get myself some ski pants.  The lesson is that you have to have the right gear.

As you can see, we had fun sledding.  No matter how cold, no matter how ill prepared we are (and I blame myself always), we manage to make some good memories.








This dog of ours is so freaking silly in the snow.  I love him.  We need to get him a ski suit too.  I'm sure they make dog ski suits right?








I ended up taking a shaky, cold dog in the car to warm him up.   I watched the kids and my husband from my toasty vehicle.  My daughter was spending the day with a friend, you know teenage kind of stuff, if you were wondering.

And as we head into next week, I see snow in the forecast.  It's good stuff this winter is.  I hope we'll have more snow on the valley floor for snowmen.  I'm planning on taking it easy until Tuesday, finishing up some pajamas for the kids and my new favorite snake scarves found here.

I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and a very happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. happy holidays kyndale. isn't that the truth about just having the right gear. i remember when nahum was just my only babe and we just go outside in wool sweaters and thin hats. now we all suit up in ski gear with several hats and many layers...it take a heck of a lot of time to get ready but nobody complains and way more fun is had. your pup is so so cute!! i hope we get some snow soon! much love to you all. pennie

    ReplyDelete