Saturday, August 11, 2012

old and new

So, I'll admit that I love old cemeteries. 



We were going to Portola last week.  We've been making this drive a lot this summer and every time I passed these old cemeteries I told myself that I needed to stop and explore.  So, with husband, dog and children in tow, I pulled off the side of the road.

It was a hot day.  Amelia stayed in the car because she refused to go in but the boys and I (the dog even) stepped inside and among the headstones.  I guess you could say it was our history lesson for the day.









We went to another one on the way home.  This one, quite interesting.

This Earl guy.  He's loved.  He was also an avid golfer evidently.  I am almost positive his wife loves decorating!



This last one cracked me up.  The grave, newly buried and if I was to believe the marker, here lies a woman not yet dead!

No comments:

Post a Comment